Monday, February 9, 2015

Making Zucchini Cheese (Try At Your Own Risk)

Am I the only one that can get lost in the streaming never-ending universe of Pinterest pinning?  It is my go to. You can link up to shop, find out how to organize any nook and cranny of your house, learn how to build a tiny home, the perfect cat eye eyeliner and even build and outdoor kitchen for under $100 with some recycled toilet paper rolls and an old oven rack. Okay. Perhaps I'm stretching the last one out a bit. But you can do some pretty wicked cool art with those left over toilet paper rolls according to this pin here.


And while I enjoy the art of re purposing, there are somethings I'd rather just throw out with the rest of the biodegradable possibilities.
What does any of this have to do with Lyme or Zucchini you ask? I'm getting to that. Just humor me for a few more lines.
When you search for toilet paper roll art you may come across toilet paper origami. I chase rabbits. Pinterest allows it. This just might be something I take up on my days when I can only lay. How rad would this be for a party trick? Just leaving random tp flowers in every one's bathroom. Move over little sanitary paper triangle.


Back to my subject. I am really big on healing my gut right now. Lyme bacteria loves sugar and wheat products. I am doing my best to put the good stuff in. I'd say about 90% of the time. Whole foods. Natural foods. No sugar no gluten wagon type stuff. So, I have seen several pins of interest about the glorified cheese textured zucchini. I do not do raw zucchini. My mama used to put them in salad. What a let down when you think it's a crisp refreshing cucumber only to find out that it is a crunchy tasteless impostor. It wasn't until going sans gluten did I start eating it again. Even in my tortilla soup I will push it to the side. Now as a noodle sub using the Veggetti the green squash cucumber doppelganger is the bomb.

So, why not as cheese? Simple enough. Looks yummy enough. I accept the challenge. Here is the popular pin Zucchini Cheese for those interesting. Pretty right? Adorned with an anti-pasta background.


i mean, imagine being able to eat cheese with no guilt! Time to grub. So I made mine. Even with the fresh parsley. It turned out pretty enough. You think? Nailed it right?


Now for the taste test. I didn't expect a nice Havarti or a well aged cheddar texture. What I did expect was a creamy texture similar to maybe a little teaser wedge of laughing cow. Here is what I got. You know that mouth-watering you get when.........you're fixing to vomit? I couldn't even swallow it. I don't know if it is just because my appetite is non-existent right now, the spongy gelatinous texture, or if it is actually a goopy cheesy load of crap disguised as something good for me.  I almost gagged just cutting it up to snap a presentation picture for you. The husband says it's not that bad. Well, it's not that good either. Not even a little. Have you ever tried this? Do you think you would? If you do, let me know what you think. As for me and this house, we will continue to do the dairy cheese under my other 10% of not having a totally clean diet. Somethings should just not be altered.
On a side note. Had a great weekend. Had a good cry last night. Sleeping harder than usual. I Washed and vacuumed my car today. Little achievements are big accomplishments!

Would you be my Pinterest Pal? You can find me here!
Visit Adrienne's profile on Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment