Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sleep Shmeep Sheep




I can't sleep.  It is 10:30PM.  I have to be up at 3:30 to be at the airport on time for a 9AM appointment in Denton, TX.  When I last left you I had just told you about my seizure experience.  Ahhh so many thoughts and emotions running through my mind right now at this very moment.  To make a long story longer like I like to say, I had quit my treatment shortly after my episode.  I visited the doctor only once more before trying to convince myself that I didn't need treatment.  Summer was coming up and I wanted my friends and family.  I spent spring break in Missouri with new friends (childhood to my husband) only to end up in bed one night barely able to walk.  I enjoyed the friendship of my girlfriends in May and even as timing would have it was able to have my childhood best friend stay the same weekend with me.  Summer was filled with good times and our annual river trip.  (Which resulted with me in bed early every night due to a repeat of seizures.)

I was regressing and fast.  The disease had surfaced after years of suppression and not only was I now where I started, but so much more.

Alone, until my husband had enough.  He has been my rock I must say.  He contacted many people within the Texas Lyme community.  I even have made a friend who was living right here in the same town as myself and didn't even know.

My husband and I have been driven to make a difference now and that is what started me wanting to share my story.  I'm fading.  I'm falling short of what I should be as a mother, wife, daughter, friend, sister, etc etc etc.....

I'm not at all what I used to be physically wise.  Heart wise, stronger than ever.  We embark on an amazing journey tomorrow.  We do not know at all what is awaiting.  We do know it will not be easy.  It will get ugly.  We're not even guaranteed a positive outcome.

You've been reading my blog.  You've kept up with me thus far and I thank you.  It means the world to me that you have even taken the time, but all of it....that's was just the introduction.  This is where the story begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment