Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Random Jabber & Blood Results

I am happy to report that my joint pain is giving me a much needed break.  The shooting muscle pains have even calmed down.  I still have several twitches, I'm sure that will not ease up for some time.  If beauty sleep were true I would have been crowned Miss Universe by now.  I cannot seem to shake the sleepys.  I'm sure my body has really needed it.  The doc wants me to have uninterrupted sleep at night and no crazy "Pink Floyd" dreams.  I'm still not there.  The lucid-colorful dreams I have are such a random hodge-podge of sorts.  Last night it was alligators under me as I swung from tree to tree till I made my way onto a cruise ship where my kids and their friends were.  I was told by the other parents to take them to get something to eat and next thing I knew I was in a HUGE HEB and I couldn't find a salad anywhere.  Then there was a man complaining in wine department (no pun) about the vintage of his "boxed" wine being poor and junk and he preferred they carried a certain type of boxed wine.
THOSE are what the doctor called pseudohallucinations.  These have to stop.  It's part of the bacteria and nerve damage. Wikipedia describes a pseudohallucination as the following:

pseudohallucination is an involuntary sensory experience vivid enough to be regarded as a hallucination, but recognized by the patient not to be the result of external stimuli. In other words, it is a hallucination that is recognized as a hallucination, as opposed to a "normal" hallucination which would be perceived as real. 
In layman's terms I know it's not real.  I get these from time to time when my vertigo is really bad.  It is as if the whole room jumps upside down. People that have had frontal lobe injuries or frontal lobe epilepsy may experience these as well.  

And no, I do not hear voices.  Except the mom, mom, mom, mama, mama, mommy, MOM.  Those are the only little voices I hear. 

Now all of that I just wrote really has nothing to do with my blog.  I just needed an interesting intro because, "Good morning, here is a list of supplements I am taking and why." Just didn't seem as fun, but that's really what I'm going to share. Even though the majority of you that are reading and following my are friends and family, I may have a fellow-lymie reading as well. I want those of you without the disease to understand and to help those of you who may or do have the disease.  

DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical physician.  This is what my physician has me taking.  You should always consult with your physician before taking any suppliment or medication. 

Methylcobalamin B-12 injection 1cc-supports nervous system and healthy blood cell production. 
Trans-Resveratrol 1 500mg-antioxidant that supports free radical damage
Magnesium Malate 3 1250mg-energy, for pain and tenderness caused by fibromyalgia pain or chronic fatigue syndrome
N-Acetyl Cysteine 1 600mg-helps support lungs and cystic fibrosis
Alpha Lipoic Acid 1 300mg-antioxidant used to transport free radicals helps treat peripheral neuropathy, helps aide in brain function.
Fish Oil 2 2000mg-heart
CoQ10 1 100mg-heart, also can help with muscular dystrophy
L-Glutamine 1 tsp 4500mg-amino acid

In addition I am also on a daily vitamin and two different probiotics making my probiotic daily intake 45 billion.

I am also on a couple of prescriptions for the nerve pain as well and it has made such a big difference. I'm so grateful to finally have a break in pain.

My blood work came back.  The doctor informed me that I have a blood disorder called Thrombophilia.  It is also hyper-coagulation.  By blood is thick and has a potential of clotting.  What happens is as the blood flows through the veins it can clot and break off and travel and end up as a stroke, embolism, aneurysm, or in the lungs.  He wants me to start taking baby asprin and folic acid every day now.  I did do a small amount of research on this condition and there were two types he tested for.  One is common in Lyme patients with co infections. A doctor conducted a study in which he took Lyme patients with co infections and 90% of them came back positive for hyper-coagulation. I highly recommend if you do have Lyme to have this blood test performed.  The other out of the two was called Protein C test.  I have a protein C deficiency.  It is a genetic mutation and it also means my brother has it.  He and I have both had surgeries.  I know he has had at least 2 that I can remember.  I have had 3.  It's been grace that has kept us healthy.

I am still educating myself a bit on this and I'm sure my doc will go over it with me in more detail when I revisit in two weeks. He did tell me that I have a greater chance of developing problems with my heart that originally thought due to this. Still bringing that praise I talked about in the previous blog posting.  It's getting a little hard to, but I am thankful that I have never had anything happen as a result and that I now know.  


No comments:

Post a Comment