Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Shots Shots Shots

Now that I am in real time and I have caught you up on what all I have been going through I should be able to blog a little more regularly. I had my first methylcobalamin B-12 shot this morning.  Yes, I have traded glass shots for needle shots.  *insert sarcasm here*Ahhh to be me. It's not easy.   It was two hours ago.  I do think the anti-seizure meds are starting to do their thing.  I am pretty sure I slept through the night for the first time in forever.  If I did wake up I do not remember it.  I am thrilled to report no face pain today.  Amazing.  I have a case of bells palsy where the whole entire side of my left face will hurt.  There's been mornings where the husband says it looks like I've had a stroke.  It will draw up or completely droop and I can't feel a thing when it does that, but when I do have pain it is excruciating.

My equilibrium is still way off.  A mixture of that and my body regulating the meds I'm sure.  I wanted to go right this morning.  My senses were delayed and I just wanted to walk right.  I was walking like I was in a fun house and even ended up on the floor at one point. My head feels like it's under water.  I think I'll just sit for now and blog. I've been very tired.  I have slept more the past week than I've been awake.  My husband and kids have been wonderful in helping out around the house.  It's so hard as a homemaker to not be able to do the homemaking.  I really need to go grocery shopping and energy just hasn't permitted it.  I am on day 6 eating gluten-free and I haven't had any heartburn or reflux.  It's crazy how omitting one thing from your diet can change the body so much.  Doc said it should help with my inflammation as well. I fear that the way my knees have been I'll end up seeing an orthopedic doc next.

Side note to all my hunting friends.  Please make sure you use a deet repellent.  This is supposed to be one of the worst years for ticks due to the fact we didn't have a cold enough winter last year.  They love deer.  LOVE!  I'm sure you know this already.  Do not for one minute think that because you are in Texas you are immune to a tick carrying Lyme.  Cases are on the rise in Texas.


No comments:

Post a Comment