Monday, October 8, 2012

Finally

In order to really I mean really attack this Lyme we had to find not just a doctor familiar and willing to treat the disease, but a doctor who speaks Lyme fluently.  These are know as Lyme Literate Medical Doctors aka LLMD.

We were put into contact with the only one for the whole state of Texas.  We called made our appointment with the doc and the day that I finally got to meet the man who now holds my life in his hands was here.

We left our house at 4:30AM to catch a 6:15 flight to Dallas.  Didn't sleep much the night before.  I was so anxious that I think I only got 3 hours of sleep the night before.  If you have flown to Dallas from Houston or vice verse then you know it takes longer to go through the process of getting there and getting checked in than it does actual flying time.  I don't fly well, so for close to 40 mins Kenneth was feeling the wrath of my nails in his arms.  Once landed we had exactly an hour and a half to get to our destination on time.  We paid cash for this visit (the doctor will only take cash due to insurance controversy) and we paid ahead. Add in the plane tickets (the time of the appointment was the only one we could get several months back and it was cheaper for us to fly than drive) and we were already in a good amount of money.  Now all we needed to do was pick up our rental car which was also paid for in advance.  As we approached the counters where we were to get our rentals they all had signs on them with instructions to go to the shuttle buses.  As we made our way there and sat we watched at least 10 buses go by and none with the name of our rental company on them.  After a while Kenneth asked someone and they informed us we were to get on this bus and it will take us there.  You mean the bus we've already watched 3 of go by?  Seriously, I felt like Forrest Gump sitting there waiting for my bus.  We loaded the correct bus and the driver asked us on the way there if we had our papers.  We informed him there were no papers so get.  In return he informed us that we wouldn't be able to rent our car unless we have the papers.  (Contract)  We arrived to the rental hub and they immediately informed us that we couldn't have a car and had to go back to the airport and get our contract from the lady at the counter.  That we shouldn't have passed her by.  We didn't pass her by.  There was no one there we argued.
I felt my melt down coming on.  It was like both walls were closing in or the ground behind me was falling off into deep space or hell.  I started getting really hot, I covered my face and fought tears as I explained the importance of our visit to Dallas in the first place.  Then it happened.  Remember the Christmas Story and the tire changing scene?  That's what happened next.  Only I didn't say fudge. I shut down after that.  Decided it would be best to keep my mouth shut.  A worker there took us back to the airport were we found ourselves right back at the desk again.  Where she wanted to argue that she was there at 7:20AM and we had to tell her she wasn't because we were there before that.  Never the less we got BACK on the bus back to the rental where the manager met us this time and comped our rental fees.  So, through the frustration was a blessing.
We got to our destination at exactly 8:30AM.  The time we were told to be there.  The 3 hours would be forever life changing.



No comments:

Post a Comment